BESTSELLER: Weston Fruit & Wine Press 16 Quart Capacity Item Number: 05-0101-W
Weston Brand Fruit and Wine Press 16 Quart Capacity
Make healthy, fresh fruit juices, ciders and wines right at home. This Fruit & Wine Press combines modern technology and old world tradition to create a simple and fun tool for your family, so you can now begin your own traditions. The instruction manual also includes great recipes for Syrups, Ciders, Sauces, Wines and More. Why pay for expensive wines that are nothing more than fermented grape juice behind a brand-name label, make the type of wine that you like for a fraction of the price.
This screw-down style wine press will
allow you to squeeze many of your favorite fruits into juices and wines with
ease and efficiency. Simply place the fruit of choice into the juicing cage.
Place the wood pressing blocks on top of the fruit and ratchet the handle down.
The juice will be squeezed out of the fruit and will exit the juice cage through
the opening in the slats, then down to a built-in spout. The molded bottom tray
will funnel the juice into your container, virtually mess free!
The ratchet mechanism provides leverage and power to extract the maximum
amount of juice.
The powder-coated cast iron construction will resist rust and contamination.
Hardwood cage construction will provide you with years of maintenance free
Bolt-down legs will allow one-person operation.
16 quart cage capacity
Dimensions: 36-1/2" High x 16" Rim diameter (inside basket diameter is 10")
The Weston Brand Fruit & Wine Press is manufactured to the highest standards
to give you years of trouble free performance. Now you can make healthy,
fresh fruit juices, ciders, and wines right at home. Remember, pressing
fruit takes patience, so go ahead and experiment and have fun.
- Before assembling and operating your Weston
Brand Fruit & Wine Press, be sure to thoroughly
clean the unit to remove any residual materials
from manufacturing or shipping.
- Lubricate all moving parts and hinges with
petroleum jelly or a food grade lubricant.
- Place the half cage assemblies onto the base of the press, creating a
circle round the threaded shaft until the hinge assemblies are coupled
- Place a cage locking pin into each of the 4
- Place a clean, sanitized container under the spout
to catch the juices.
- Fill the caged area with your favorite fruit.
You may first choose to line the cage area
with a nylon bag to catch seeds or pulp from the
pressed fruit. NOTE: For best results, fruit should be first
crushed and filled to within 1� from the top
of the cage.
- Place the semi-discs on top of the fruit.
- Place two wooden blocks on top of the semi-discs. NOTE: For best
results, the blocks should be placed perpendicular to the slot in the
semi-discs and kept as close to the threaded shaft as possible. (If extra
space is still present between the ratchet mechanism and the blocks,
additional blocks may be stacked on top of the first set until the space is
eliminated. Each set of blocks should be stacked perpendicular to the
previous set. This will ensure stability during the pressing process.)
- Spin the ratchet mechanism clockwise until the
lower ratchet plate engages the top of the blocks.
- Insert one ratchet insert into the slot closest to you
with the point down and to the left for pressing.
Insert the second ratchet insert in the opposite
direction. NOTE: You may choose to use only the
first ratchet insert for pressing. For releasing the
ratchet, place the first ratchet insert with the point
down and to the right, and the second ratchet
insert in the opposite direction.
- Insert the handle and begin cranking. Continue
cranking until the ratchet meets with excessive
resistance. The juices will be caught in the
container placed under the spout.
- To release the ratchet mechanism, reverse the
ratchet inserts and turn the handle until the
pressure has been released.
Serve over ice, garnished with orange slices.
- Remove the ratchet mechanism from the screw.
- Remove the pins from the cage and separate the � cages. Clean the cages in
hot soapy water. Using a long bristle brush, be sure the spaces between the
boards of the cages are clean.
- Wash the base, screw and semi-discs in hot soapy water.
- Wash the ratchet mechanism if necessary.
- Dry all surfaces thoroughly.
6. Reassemble the cages onto the base.
- Drop the semi-discs and the blocks into the cage.
- Store in a cool, dry place.