Canning Equipment Item Number: canning-equipment
- WATER BATH CANNER-a large covered cooking pot. As long as 1
in. of boiling water covers the jars, any large container may be
used. To ensure proper heat to all jars, the diameter of the water
bath should be no more than 4 in. wider than the stove burner.
- PRESSURE CANNER-A cooking pot with a locking, airtight lid
and valve system to regulate internal pressure.
- RACK-placed at the bottom of the canner to hold jars.
- FUNNEL-used to fill jars without spilling on rims.
- JAR LIFTER-tongs for removing hot jars from the canner.
- LID WAND-used to remove sterilized lids from hot water with a
magnet on the end.
- BUBBLE WAND-helps remove air bubbles from jars.
- MASON JARS-Use only standard canning jars made of tempered
glass. These are made to withstand the high temperatures of
- LIDS-Use lids appropriate for the jars being used.